Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thing #2

Creating this blog was not a new experience for me. My husband and I created a blog a few years ago to help us stay in touch with family and friends. Since we're a military family, we move often and wanted to be able to share our lives with the people we've met along the way. My personal blog is also on blogger.com, so I have some familiarity with the site.
I decided to use my actual name as my posting name. I thought this would be simpler for myself and the instructor. The name of my blog, "Abby Smith's 23 Things", is very straightforward. In my mind, this was the easiest and most simple idea. I knew I needed to include at least my last name, so I decided to use my full name and my blog's purpose in the title.

My avatar reflects my personality because it's clutching desperately to a coffee cup. I'm an avid coffee drinker and don't go a day without it! I created my avatar to look like myself. It never crossed my mind to create one that looked differently. I want the blog to reflect my personality, so I decided that the avatar should be a reflection of myself as well.

2 comments:

  1. Simple and to the point. I like that attitude. I thought the whole avatar was the real kicker in making this entire assignment worth the while. Though I prefer to miss with technology on my own time I am willing to try and husle through this thing. I think the little coffee is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I am also a military wife, so I might use a blog to communicate with family and friends. It is great how blogs provide a window of communication with others, and how we can use this as educators.
    Also, I like how you used practicality in creating your blog. I tried to do the same with mine. (Mainly so I won't forget the link!)

    ReplyDelete