Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thing #3

I like the idea of using a blog as a way to put class information and assignments in a place that students and parents can access at any time. Students and parents could ask questions and communicate with the teacher and the other students/parents about assignments/homework, classroom policies, etc. Teachers can post lesson plans, write about the experiences with those plans, post photos, and update any information that students or parents may need. Not only is this idea helpful for the students and parents, it's also a way for other teachers to see what their peers are doing in the classroom. Teachers could get ideas and inspiration for their own classrooms and could provide support and feedback for the teacher who created the blog.

1 comment:

  1. I think using a blog as a way to communicate with parents is a great idea. I know when I was in school my parents, like many others, had to work everyday. They never got an opportunity to see what was going on at school or what I was learning everyday. I think by using a blog, a lot of parents who cannot physically go and spend time in their childs classroom would get to feel like they are a part of their childs education.

    ReplyDelete