Saturday, April 14, 2012

Thing #19

The only community that I belong to of the ones mentioned for this "Thing" is TeacherPOP, which I joined for a previous "Thing". I do use IMDB a lot - but I'm not a member. (I have the IMDB app for my iPhone, which is probably use several times a week.) After reviewing the list of online communities, I decided to check out GoodReads and Fuzzster because I am an avid reader and because I have several pets.

I absolutely love GoodReads! I spent so much time using the site, rating books I've read, and looking through the suggestions the website made for me. What a wonderful website for a reader like me. I love to read and I'm always sad when I finish a book (in fact, I often read a book several times if I really like it) so the idea that this website will recommend books to me based on what I've read and liked is truly awesome!

Fuzzster was adorable. My husband and I don't have any kids, but we consider our pets our "fur babies" so I can relate to Fuzzster users who are obsessed with their pets! What a cute idea to be able to create a profile for your pet and be able to connect to other users with similar pets. My husband and I are Great Dane owners, so we love meeting and talking to other Great Dane owners. Fuzzster would be a great way to do that.

Overall, I really liked the suggestions on this "Thing". Social networking sites that are tailored to specific interests are great because it allows you to connect with other users with similar interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment