Saturday, April 14, 2012

Thing #20



I love YouTube! YouTube is like a one stop shop for any kind of videos you might want to see. My husband learned to play guitar by watching YouTube tutorials, we enjoy watching pet videos on YouTube, and my nephews are always sending me links to crazy stunt videos, scary videos, or just funny videos they think I should see. You can watch news videos, tutorials, movie clips, music videos, educational clips, etc.

During my very first classroom observation in a sixth grade science class, the teacher used YouTube to show clips about ecosystems. These particular videos were set to music. The kids loved them and would try to sing along. Using videos to help aid in teaching curriculum could make the information more amusing to the students and they may have an easier time remembering the information if they find it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment