Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thing #11

The easiest method of finding blogs for me was to simply click on the link provided in the directions for Thing #11 (Edublog Award winners). Once I arrived at the Edublog site, I clicked on the links for the blog categories I was interested in. I chose to follow the award winners for Best Blog, Best Group Blog, and Best New Blog.

The only search method I used, other than browsing Edublog, was to go to Google Blog search. I typed in the suggested search and it came back with 629,000 results. On one hand, this is awesome - surely someone would be able to find a blog that interested them within those results: however, 629,000 results are a bit overwhelming. I didn't think this search method was particularly difficult or confusing, but could be time consuming.

I felt like every blog on the Edublog site would be useful - I followed the 2010 winners from several categories. With 629,000 results from such a specific search as "school library learning 2.0", it's a given that there will be many useful as well as interesting and unique results.

I liked that Dr. Wall showed us how to identify the RSS feed icon so that we'd know how to follow any blog or RSS feed that we come across. That makes following blogs really easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment