Monday, February 13, 2012

Thing #8


        I uploaded some of my personal photos to my Flickr account in order to make a mashup for Thing #8. I took this photo in early September 2010 in Yellow Springs, Ohio. Each year this particular field is full of sunflowers as far as the eye can see. It is truly beautiful.

Flickr and the different generators it offers could be used in several different ways in a classroom. One of the things I imagined using in the classroom is the Magazine Cover generator. Students could use photos and create magazine covers, headlines, contributors, etc as part of a project in nearly any subject area. I think students would enjoy using almost any of the generators offered.

I'm a little weary of uploading too many of my own photos to Flickr. I did notice that you are able to set privacy settings when uploading photos, though. I would be worried that once uploaded, my photos may not belong only to me anymore. It would be a good idea to research the privacy policy before uploading a lot of personal photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment