Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Thing #6

I decided to explore Twitter for Thing #6. I have a personal Twitter account that I use, although infrequently. I follow a variety of Twitter users, but one of the things I like most about Twitter is being able to follow many news outlets. I can go to Twitter and can see headlines without having to search a news website for a particular story. News outlets like ABC News, CNN, Washington Post, etc will post separate tweets for each news story. I like the convenience of being able to read only the stories that interest or affect me personally.

Twitter could be a useful way for teachers to reach students and parents outside of the classroom. A teacher could create a Twitter account and students and parents would be able to follow that account. Teachers could tweet about assignments, in class activities, extracurricular activities, information about the school or school district that would pertain to students and parents, etc. Twitter has a lot of possibilities for whatever you might like to use it for whether it's personal, business, or anything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment