Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thing #10

RSS feeds are awesome. As a user, one can choose what feeds to follow and essentially weed out any unwanted information.

For Thing #10, I added the following RSS feeds to my Google Reader account:

Pioneer Woman - I've seen many references to this blog before, I decided to see what it was all about.

The Cool Cat Teacher - A good feed to follow for teaching tips.

Dangerously Irrelevant - Another blog full of info focusing on education.

Education News from The New York Times - It's important to stay up to date on news that focuses on or affects education.

US Department of Education - Also a good way to keep up with information regarding education.


RSS feeds could be used in a classroom setting if students are trying to gather information on a specific topic. All they have to do is type the topic into the search bar and choose which feeds to follow. Teachers could also utilize RSS feeds to communicate with colleagues, parents and students.

In my personal life, RSS feeds could be used to search for information that I find interesting. Some of my hobbies include photography and reading, so I could easily search for and find feeds that pertain to these subjects.


No comments:

Post a Comment